Wednesday 30 June 2010

Listen Up! No. 21: Stagecoach - Map to the Freezer

I'm not entirely sure whether the video is a send-up or a tribute to laughably unrealistic 90s explosion advert Speed, but either way I'm charmed - this Surrey lot have crafted an excellent slice of breathless, punky indie with just enough trigger-happy melody to hold it together. Like a ballsier (and thus far less irritating) incarnation of Los Campesinos.

"I had a dream I shot you with mace and I... hope you're not okay", they say. Food for thought for the critics...





Flip to about 1.20 for the music, or revel in the majesty of Keanu's adrenalin-addled performance. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory Music Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Music Top Blogs Business Directory for Chalfont St. Giles, Buckinghamshire British Blogs